Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Pockets with feta cheese and mozzarella:
The puff pastry sheet is cut into small circles, then filled with the composition of feta cheese, mazzarella, 1 egg. Close the pockets with a fork and grease with beaten egg and sprinkle cumin seeds. Bake for about 25 minutes. ..depends on everyone's oven at 350 F / 180 degrees. Great appetite!
You can use any fatty cheese instead of feta
Macaroni with cheese and ham in the oven
Macaroni with cheese and ham in the oven. Baked pasta recipe mac and cheese (mac & # 8217n & # 8217cheese) in Romanian version. A macaroni pudding with pieces of ham. Especially if they are & # 8222dressed & # 8221 of velvety cream sauce and beaten eggs, and covered with a generous layer of au gratin cheese! What goodness! A quick dinner that is prepared in less than an hour and that will surely be to the liking of the whole family (especially to the liking of the children).
The shape of the pasta used does not matter much, but it should be short and tubular: macaroni (macaroni), rigatoni, pipe, tortiglioni, penne, curvi (snails), conchiglie (shells) or any other form of tubular pasta. There is a chickpea here & # 8211 when baked, the sour cream sauce with eggs goes well in the pasta channels forming a & # 8222filling & # 8221.
I found on the internet some images that show the most popular types of pasta (source: Wikipedia).
Mine seem to be macaroni: they have a cylindrical shape, slightly curved and are smooth. If they were cut obliquely, they were smooth (striped) or striped (ribbed). Do you know anything? I still get in my stomach :).
Okay, now we know more about pasta. Let's cook something with them.
Because I have a 9-18 work schedule at work and I know that my family is waiting for us to eat dinner together, I often call my daughter to start her food (for the simple stuff). When I know I want to make pasta, I call her from the car and ask her to boil salted water. When I get home I can throw the pasta in the pot with boiling water and while they are boiling I take care of the sauce. The word comes to the sauce as it is very simple here. It resembles carbonara pasta but baked pasta also has sour cream (see here the original recipe for Pasta a la carbonara ).
The cheeses used can be various: telemea (preferably mixed with eggs and sour cream), feta, mozzarella, stronger cheeses (I used Cheddar and Montesino), parmesan, etc. They are good and mixed, from & # 8222s leftovers & # 8221 from the fridge. Grating is better with cheese than with telemea (it does not melt much but dries more in the oven).
I knew I had a stew boiled in the fridge (deboned and rolled in plastic wrap) and I wanted to use a few slices of it (and I did well!). Of course, the ham can be replaced with pieces of bacon, kaiser, ribs or smoked bacon. You can also use mushrooms hardened in butter or cheeses with noble mold (Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Stilton, etc.).
The classic American recipe for these mac and cheese (you can find it here) involves the preparation of a sos Bechamel with cheese (called sos Mornay). I simplified it a bit.
From the ingredients below you get 6 generous servings of macaroni with cheese and baked ham.
Ingredients Pumpkin With Cheese And Baked Tomatoes
- 1 - 1.2 kilograms of small-medium size pumpkins, as young as possible
- 120 grams of ripe Parmesan cheese, grated through a small grater
- 450 grams of mozzarella (goes with fontina, caciotta or, why not, our cheese)
- 1.2 kilograms of well-ripened, fleshy tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion (about 60-70 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 large basil leaves
- rolls for pumpkin roll (about 4 tablespoons)
- vegetable oil for frying eggplant (about 300 ml) and pepper to taste
Preparation of Pumpkin with Cheese and Baked Tomatoes
1. Wash the zucchini well, drizzle with a kitchen towel and peel only if they have dry or stained portions on the skin. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into slices about 3-4 mm thick. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and place them on top of each other in a sieve, leaving them to remove from the water for at least 30 minutes (ideally an hour).
2. Wash the washed tomatoes lightly, then dip them in a saucepan with boiling water, no more than 30 seconds -1 minute.
3. Immediately, remove the tomatoes with a whisk and place them in a bowl with very cold water, then the skin will peel slightly. Chop the peeled tomatoes into cubes and collect them in a bowl, so as not to lose the juice they leave.
4. Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil then onion and garlic. Sprinkle a pinch of salt from the beginning and fry the onion, stirring frequently, until it starts to become translucent, then add the tomato cubes, along with the juice they left in the bowl.
5. Reduce heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes, checking from time to time that the sauce does not remain dry and (possibly) filling with 2-3 tablespoons of hot water. Finally, add the diced basil leaves, salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
6. In the meantime, our pumpkins must have left enough water, so we squeeze them lightly in a sieve to squeeze them, then toss them between absorbent kitchen towels.
Other delicious pumpkin recipes:
Pumpkin pots with chicken and yolks
Pumpkin salad with yogurt and garlic
"Tatin" tart with pumpkin and goat cheese
7. Prepare a plate with flour and a tray in which we will take the pumpkins out of the frying pan, laying them with absorbent paper. Pass the pumpkin slices through the flour on both sides.
8. Put a pan on high heat and heat well, then add the vegetable oil. When the oil is well heated, add the slices of zucchini one by one, well shaken by the excess flour, without crowding too much at the same time. Fry the zucchini slices until golden wine on both sides.
9. Remove the fried zucchini on the tray prepared with absorbent paper, to drain the excess oil.
8. We now have the pumpkins and the tomato sauce ready, so we turn on the oven and set it at 200 degrees Celsius, then we can proceed to the assembly of the preparation:
Assembling Pumpkin With Cheese And Tomatoes In The Oven
1. Prepare a suitable shape for the oven - ceramic, embarrassment, enameled metal, etc. - with dimensions of about 28 × 18 cm, in which we will put 2-3 good tablespoons of tomato sauce and spread it with the back of the spoon on the bottom trays.
2. Place longitudinally a first layer of fried pumpkin, next to each other, then lightly press with your palms over them.
3. Grease the slices of pumpkin with a tomato sauce in a thin layer and then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Place a layer of melted cheese on top of the Parmesan cheese, in my case the mozzarella & # 8211 drier, not the fresh & # 8211 cut into thin slices.
5. Continue in the same way: a layer of pumpkin, tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella and finally, on top of the last layer of pumpkin, pour all the remaining tomato sauce, continue with a last layer of mozzarella and end by sprinkling with grated Parmesan (so we will reverse the order of the cheeses in this last layer). I got 4 layers of pumpkin and as many layers of cheese.
Baked Pumpkin With Cheese And Tomatoes - baking
Bake the tray, prepared as shown above, in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. During this time, the cheese will melt beautifully and the top layer will brown nicely. My recommendation is to wait for 15 minutes for the food to rest and cool a little, so we will feel the taste more intensely and we will be able to portion it easier.
It is nicely portioned, after the 15 minutes of waiting, which obviously seemed too long for the tempted by the most delicious aromas.
Ingredients pâtés with salted cheese & # 8211 step by step video recipe
- 350 grams of puff pastry with butter, preferably homemade, if impossible, the one you bought is good
- 300 grams of cottage cheese, well drained of whey
- 150 grams of telemea / feta or bellows cheese, for a more spicy version
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sprinkled seeds (the ones you prefer), I used negrilica, sesame, poppy seeds, etc. work just as well.
- a little flour for sprinkling the work surface
How to make savory cheese pies & # 8211 step by step video recipe
Step-by-step preparation method & # 8211 text, printable
1. Turn on the oven and set it to 200 ° C (static, or 190 ° C ventilated).
2. For the filling, mix in a bowl the cottage cheese with the telemeau and 1 whole egg. Optionally, you can add some chopped greens (green onions, dill, etc.). I left them simple, because my family prefers these simple cheese pies. It is very important that the filling is firm, consistent enough so that it does not leak from the pies during baking.
3. Separate the second egg, collecting the egg white separately.
4. On the work surface sprinkled with a little flour, spread the cold puff pastry dough from the refrigerator to a thickness of 2-3 mm. The obtained rectangle will have
50 cm. It is important to spread the dough thinly, so we will make sure that the pies will bake well. Few things are more unpleasant than a raw puff pastry!
5. Starting from one of the shorter sides of the dough rectangle, moisten with white, raw, a pastry brush, a portion of about 3 cm. On top of this, it is placed longitudinally ¼ from the cheese filling that we have prepared for our salted cheese pies. Roll the puff pastry so that it covers the cheese and immediately next to it, moisten again a 3-4 cm portion with egg white. Roll the puff pastry once more, so that it reaches above the egg white portion, and press lightly along its entire length to seal it. We cut longitudinally, right next to the roll formed, with a knife or a pastry cutter. We form 4 identical rolls, which we divide each into 4 equal pieces, finally obtaining 16 pies with cheese.
6. Transfer the pies to a tray covered with baking paper. Beat the yolk with 2 tablespoons of water. We finish, with a brush soaked in the diluted yolk, the surface of the cheese pies. Sprinkle the pies with seeds and bake them immediately in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool and serve them with a yogurt / sana / kefir or simply & # 8230!
Cannelloni with cheese
1. Grease a rectangular pan with a little butter and leave it in the oven at a temperature of 120 ° C.
2. Prepare the béchamel sauce. Put the butter in a saucepan and melt. Put the flour over the butter and mix it well with the butter so that it does not form lumps, then pour the lukewarm milk little by little until a cream of cream consistency is formed and it is given in 2-3 more boils.
3. Cream cheese is made from grated cheese, eggs and cream, all mixing well. This composition is inserted into each cannelloni tube and placed in the tray, side by side. Pour the béchamel sauce over them and sprinkle the grated cheese all over the surface. Put in the oven and leave for about 40 minutes.
4. After baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Garnish with green parsley and serve as a main course.
Ingredients Simple Cheese Recipe:
Preparation Simple recipe cow's cheese (video recipe):
Preparation & # 8211 text version:
1. In a saucepan with a thicker bottom, boil the milk over low heat.
2. As soon as the milk starts to boil, add the lemon juice in two slices, stirring quickly until you notice that the whey starts to clear and the solids gather together in the form of lumps.
3. Remove from the heat immediately, because the cottage cheese will be harder and chewy the longer we expose it to high temperature. Put a special cloth for straining the cheese (or a gauze folded in two or three layers) in a strainer placed on top of a large saucepan (in which the whey will be collected) and pour the entire contents of the saucepan in which I boiled the milk.
4. If a drier cheese is desired, after it has cooled, the cheese can be tightly wrapped in a cloth and squeezed, possibly pressed by placing a weight on top of it.
5. Store the cottage cheese in the refrigerator for 1 week, tightly wrapped and sealed in an airtight container. Whey can successfully replace the liquid used to knead bread.
Easter with sweet cheese and raisins
I love the combination of fluffy leavened dough, cheese and raisins! The other day I was lucky enough to catch a cooler day, so I didn't stop to think and started making these delicious ones. grazed with cheese and raisins. I used ricotta cheese, but you can replace it with cottage cheese or urda. It's a simple recipe, I can't say it's fast, because the dough has to leaven, but in the meantime you can take care of other things.
As a child, my grandmother used to make Easter with cheese only for Easter, and in autumn and winter, in order to satisfy our Easter appetite, she made these small Easter cakes with sweet cheese. I'm not telling you that as soon as I felt the divine aroma spreading throughout the house, I would rush into the kitchen and toast by the oven waiting for these sweet and fluffy wonders.
After the Easter cakes came out of the oven, my brother and I would kneel in chairs, otherwise we would have no chance of reaching the tray, and we would blow over the chubby cakes until we blushed. Because Grandma wouldn't let us eat them hot, we could find all sorts of ways to get her out of the kitchen. Grandma couldn't hear very well anymore, so I often told her that the phone was ringing or someone was knocking on the door and, poor thing, she was quick to run to answer. When he returned, we already had fried tongues and a face full of powdered sugar. He laughed with loving eyes, as only grandparents know how to do.
Soon we will get rid of this extremely hot summer, the oven will be able to be lit without problems, so be sure to try these pastries with cake dough. They are so fluffy!
Pasta with cheese and raisins & # 8211 Ingredients (7 pieces of 10 cm Ø)
Fluffy Easter dough & # 8211 Ingredients
- 500 g flour
- 100 g of sugar
- 25 g butter
- 15 g fresh yeast / 4 g dry yeast
- 250 ml of skim milk
- 2 yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds only) / 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Easter with cheese filling & # 8211 Ingredients
- 400 g ricotta cheese / cow cheese / urda
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 yolks
- 100 g raisins soaked in water and 1 tablespoon of rum essence
- 1 teaspoon full of grated lemon peel
For greased and powdered pastries we need:
- 1 egg yolk + 2 tablespoons milk (for greasing the pastries)
- vanilla powdered sugar for powdering
Dough with yeast for Easter with cheese & # 8211 Step by step preparation
- Sift the flour and put it in a bowl. Heat the milk, being very careful not to be hot, and dissolve the fresh yeast in it.
If we use dry yeast, we mix it with sifted flour, there is no need to dissolve it with milk.