1 Hour 15 Mins
Serves 8 (Serving size: About 1/2 pork mixture and 1 bun)
This sweet and slightly spicy pork sandwich would pair well with a crisp slaw on the side.
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot fruit spread
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1.8-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Calories 231
- Fat 6.8g
- Satfat .9g
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrates 30g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 6mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Calcium 102mg
How to Make It
Combine first four ingredients in a 6-quart multi-cooker. Chop chiles and add to cooker. Close lid securely; bring to high pressure.
Cook for 25 minutes. Turn off multi-cooker and let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
Remove pork from cooker with a slotted spoon. Shred with two forks; keep warm. Skim fat from surface of cooking liquid; discard. Bring cooking liquid to simmer over low heat. Stir in fruit spread and next three ingredients (through salt); simmer 2 minutes. Stir in pork and any accumulated juices. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Serve pork mixture on buns.
Also appeared in:, , ,Under Pressure